We help mothers with their newborns, who found themselves in the tough situation under certain circumstances, so they need a resourceful, psychological, juridical and informational support.
Anti-crisis support center for mothers with their children
Need : 377 000 UAH
(for 1 year of work of the center)
Collected: 12 000 UAH
THE PROBLEM is that many children are stayed on without their moms every year… Mostly, they are abandoned in the maternity hospital since ever birth. Some mothers do it officially, someone just runs away… Most of these women are in the super complicated circumstances: they don’t have a roof over their heads or a relatives which would help. Employees of social services say that more than a half of these girls wouldn’t have abandoned their children if they had some support and shelter for a while. But unfortunately, that kind of women often are forced to break up their family relationships…
Go to work and not see their own children for years or even worse: give away them to the special institutional care centre. It is even scary to imagine how many those crippled fates we have. And how much fates can be saved if we could provide support for them in time: give them shelter, warm , advice, help them to get a job.
How to solve this problem? To create social shelter “HOME” for such women with children. In the framework of this project , to give to mothers an opportunity to adapt in difficult period, to get psychological and financial support. To teach women to implement their professional capabilities with a newborn child in the hands. And to unite women into micro groups of mutual assistance after the ending of the term of being in the center.
What have already done? We create an interactive platform of mutual assistance “From mom to mom” – exchange or help with the children’s clothes , diapers , toys , furniture etc.
What “HOME” provides?
- An accommodation – separate rooms for mothers with babies for temporary living, the first priority will be given to the women with children under 3 years old , which have a temporary difficulties with their place of residence( up to six months). The yard for the rest and activities in the open air. The contract will be signed up between CO ”The Conscious Future” and a woman.
- The support and accompaniment – a woman gets a mentor for an adaptation period (for up to 1 month) at the moment of getting to the center. A person who will be a friend – a person, who will replace those who do not suffice to the woman ( her mother , her father , her husband..). It can be a volunteers from the CO, and further it can be those mums that have already passed this way.
- A community space for public events – here, women will be able to attend social events, trainings, sports lessons, get legal advice, psychological support, undergo child care education, and more. These services will work not only for mothers who live in the center, but also for those who turned for help in a crisis situation, but have housing.
- Social mini-kindergarten – the space for the children of graduate mums of this center , which hold a child by themselves and don’t have a place to leave a child during working hours. There is a big problem with queues to the communal kindergartens in the Irpin region. Children get to the kindergarten after four years old. The number of children left without a kindergarten on September 1, 2018 – 1986 persons.
- Social business – at the base of the center, after passing the appropriate professional training, the residents of the “HOME” receive a job and a decent salary.
Areas of activity:
- Cooking: confectionery manufacturing in order , making bouquets of fruits/vegetables , homemade semi-finished products;
- Needlework: mini-repair shop and tailoring;
- Health and beauty: eyelash extensions, nail art;
- IT sphere: copywriting , site administration etc.
- Assistance in adapting after the project – since the end of the term in a project woman have to realize herself in the open social surroundings and be aware about the way to solve the problems that will be waiting on her. If she hadn’t where to stay, then CO “The Conscious future” could provide a financial support for the first month of renting an accommodation. If several “graduates” together rent an apartment, they could take care for a babies in turn , supporting each other. Although , it’ll solve a financial question. After all , it is pretty expensive to rent an apartment by yourself and rooms are rarely given to the mothers with child as lessors don’t want it actually .
Who will implement the project “HOUSE? The team of like-minded people inflamed by the idea , the member of a community organization “The Conscious Future” , but the main thing is that we are parents. We ourselves have gone through a certain difficulties and we understand how vital support is.